THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE DOES NOT WARRANT THE CONDITION OF, OR TITLE TO THE PROPERTY AUCTIONED. THE PICTURES CONTAINED HERE ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR VIEWING THE PROPERTY. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE PROPERTY MAY HAVE CONDITION ISSUES WHICH ARE NOT SHOWN IN THE PICTURES. IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT THE PROPERTY SHOWN IN THE PICTURES MAY NOT BE THE PROPERTY TO BE AUCTIONED, OR THAT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE A PICTURE. IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT THE ADDRESS SHOWN MAY NOT BE THE CORRECT ADDRESS OF THE PROPERTY. YOU SHOULD NOT DRAW ANY CONCLUSIONS ABOUT THE CONDITION, VALUE OR LOCATION OF THE PROPERTY FROM ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED, OR NOT CONTAINED, ON THIS WEBSITE.
The information on this website is provided as a public service. It is not intended to fully inform members of the public of all relevant information needed to make an informed bid at any judicial sale. Though we make every effort to provide correct information, the Sheriff is not responsible for any mistakes contained here. You are advised to consult the judicial record and speak to representatives of the seizing creditor prior to the sale. This office can not give you any advice. A judicial sale is a complicated procedure, with many factors which may affect its outcome. You should only rely on information you gather directly from the judicial record, the parties involved in the proceeding, and your attorney.
Sheriff Sale Rules
The procedure for a successful biding are as follows:
- 1. All Sheriff Sales are conducted on Wednesday mornings at 10:00 AM in the Sheriff's Office Annex located at 101 S. State ST Abbeville, LA unless directed otherwise.
- 2. Items without appraisal will start at cost of sale.
- 3. Items with appraisal will begin at 2/3 of the appraised value unless the cost of sale exceeds the 2/3 minimum bid.
- 4. The Sheriff DOES NOT guaranty clear title, it is the responsibility of the bidder to research Mortgage Certificates for any liens.
- 1. The Bidder must provide a financial statement guaranteeing bid.
- 2. The Bidder must be prepared to make payment by 2:oo PM on date of sale.
- 3. Cash in the amount of the sale is accepted.
- 4. If a mortgage is pre-approved by a lending institution, a letter must be provided on the sale date.
If there are any questions about certain properties that are listed for sale then contact Matt Fontenot by email or by phone at 337-898-4420.
If you understand and agree to the terms listed on this page then click on I Agree.